Upgrading from the LWR¶
The tentative plan is to allow Galaxy to support both targets for sometime - but at some point LWR servers should be upgraded to the Pulsar servers.
- Download/clone Pulsar.
- Rebuild dependencies (and/or virtualenv) if needed.
- Copy the LWR’s server.ini to Pulsar’s root directory.
paste.app_factory = pulsar.web.wsgi:app_factory
- Replace logging section with new pulsar logging section from server.ini.sample.
- If you were using the default values for
staging_directoryyou may wish to update those to the new defaults as well.
On Galaxy client side:
- Open job_conf.xml and replace all LWR plugin definitions
galaxy.jobs.runners.lwr:LwrJobRunner) with Pulsar ones (
- This plugin should behave largely like the LWR one but a few attributes param ids are different. The plugin param url has changed to amqp_url and the destination param remote_lwr_directory has become remote_pulsar_directory.